Monday, October 13, 2008

Running from the unavoidable...

A week from tomorrow I will be 29. TWENTY NINE!!!!!!!!!!! That is the age that women say the are for the rest of their lives but really aren't. That is the age I really will be! 29 sounds so scary! It's my LAST YEAR in my 20's. I remember when I migrated from the mid-2o's to the late 20's and it was pretty traumatic.. but now I am the latest 20 you can be! Hello???? Where did the last nine years go?
It just seems like there should be more I should have accomplished by now? I mean, I was going to go to CBC, graduate, get married, go into ministry and have at least 2 kids by now! WOW God has a sense of humor! haha.
All that said, I am very thankful for my life and even though it hasnt turned out quite how I wanted it, I am in God's will and there is NO better place! So I'll try to be positive... bring it on 29...

So my Uncle Gary has cancer. Apparently it's not good. It could be months or years...who knows. He's a pretty hard guy and has never really wanted anythign to do with God. So we've been bombarding Heaven with prayers for his salvation. He's 62 years old and the only reason he ever steps foot in a church is to go to weddings or funerals. He's a good man but just kinda hard. But he just doesnt know Jesus. He does not express emotions or feelings very well.
Thursday he called my mom and said he wanted to go to Judgement House. It's a presentation my parents church puts on every year around Halloween. He brought it up on his own with no prompting from anyone. He needed a wheelchair becuase he cannot walk. The church made it happen.
During the salvation part of the program, no response. We continued praying.
Yesterday afternoon my mom called me from her cell phone. My mom NEVER uses her cell phone (I didnt even know she still had one!) so my immediate thought is that something is wrong. She told me that Uncle Gary had called Dad Sunday morning and asked him to come over. Around 7 am Dad shows up and as soon as he walks in the door Gary starts reading the sinners prayer off of a tract he got at the church and crying. Of course as mom is telling me I am crying as well. Dad was able to spend a couple of hours with him afterwards. God is good! This is someone, honestly, I thought would NEVER open his heart to the Lord. I'm sure that cancer and knowing his life is possibly ending prompted it partly; however, I believe the power of God is the ulitmate prompting. I know that if he is not with us much longer, that he will be with God and I will join him someday. God is good and He is the same yesterday, today and forever!!!

This weekend I went to the football game at Evangel. I LOATHE football! What I loathe even more is pep band at football games. I hate sitting out in the hot sun (or the cold nights) in large crowds. I have a phobia of large loud crowds. As much as I love baseball and going to games, it bothers me even there. The last STL game I went to I almsot got sick because there were so many people there. I didnt mind pep band in high school because all of my friends were there and it was fun. Now its just a chore and there are much more pressing things I would rather be doing on a Saturday. I know people in the band and all, but no one I feel real comfortable sitting and chatting with. And it goes back to the whole different stages of life thing too. These kids are like 18 and 19... I am 28 (for 8 more days!)... I'm not any better or worse than them...but I've already been where they are and I'm thinking about different things than they are. So anyway, I got sunburnt at the game. I have fair skin, I ignored the prompting of Dr K to wear sun screen. What's funny is that I only got partially burnt. The left side of my face/neck are burnt, but not hte right side. Now that's attractive!

Yesterday Deborah and I (my roommate) went down to Branson to The Landing. I was on a shoe hunt and have yet to find the ones I'm looking for in my size at a decent price. UGH...
Anyway, we ate a Shorty Smalls *YUMMY* and window shopped. It was a fun day.

Because of all of my outdoor adventures, I am now home in bed today sick with sinus infection. I have bad allergy issues and they always flair up around my birthday. So I am home in bed today watching Christmas movies...YES....Christmas movies! :o)

I'm curled up in my jammies in a warm blanket watching Christmas movies...sneezing and blowing my nose every couple of minutes.

Well, that's it for now... Happy Monday!

No comments: