I'm tired...
I'm ready for this ridiculous paper I am writing and have been writing for...all semester...to be done.... I am almost finished...it's due tomorrow... I am currently finding Missouri GLE's and matching them to the curriculum. Thankfully SPS has a manual that has it all lined up, but it's still a lot of numbers jumbled up together and I am deciphering them. Fun stuff...
I love my practicum. My practicum teacher is AMAZING and I have learned so much from her. I really would like to work with her next semester but they may not let me do that. I hope I can. I really enjoy the students in the class. I'm getting to know them individually and see their needs. I want to meet all of their educational needs so they can succeed. There's one kid who can hardly read and he doesnt have a lot of confidence in his ability to learn because of that. Tuesday he and i had to walk to the library together and he told me all about his love for history. It was really cool to hear him talk about it. I love getting to know the kids personally. I can't wait to be a teacher...
I had a crappy day at work...I had customers that were just...ugh.... I wanted to hang up on them... I know some day I'll be trading in stupid customers for stupid parents....ha...
"Mom says some days are just like that....even in Australia." Alexander -The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
On a happy note...my tree is up...house is decorated...and I am watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music every opportunity. I am currently watching Elf. LOVE THIS MOVIE! Full of one liners... "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" hahhaaha The tree had to go up early because last weekend was my last free weekend before Christmas. Thanks to Sarah B for helping met get it up. The last three years we have had the tree in front o the window. It does not work there. It's too close to the door and takes up too much room. THis year we put it in the corner. It is working much better there and the cats are not bothering it as much. Before the cats and dog would run around and around the tree...it was not good. The only thing I dont like is that the tree appears MUCH smaller in the corner...but it's still beautiful. :o)
Well...the semester is almost over. PRAISE GOD! I am happy and sad. It's been a good semester but challenging. I am making straight A's and should end the semester making straight A's. I am making better grades working two jobs full time while in school than I did when I didnt work at all and just went to school. I think that's typical of non-tradional older students. I have a lot more at stake now than I did before.
I am booked through Christmas...I have no weekends free and very few weeknights before Christmas. When I look at my calendar I feel like Christmas is next week, but it's really Thanksgiving. Crazy how time flies when you are this insanely busy!
Well...back to my paper...enough useless bloggging!
1 comment:
Your tree is pretty :)
Post a Comment