Here it is!!! My new horn! After months and months of searching and researching to try to find something that I could afford and was still a great horn, I decided on the Schiller Nickle Plated Compensating euphonium. I love it! When I compare it to my school rental Mirafone ($5000-$10,000 horn), I can't tell a difference. The Schiller is a little harder to tune but I think as I play more that will work itself out. It's a German company but a Chinese horn. I was told to stay away from any Chinese horns but after reading forum after forum about it, I decided to try it out. Every body who reviewed this horn was surprised at what a great horn it is and even compared it to some of the big names like Mirafone, Besson, Willson and Yamaha. It's a GORGEOUS horn! I am so pleased and blessed with it! Needless to say I have been practicing a lot lately! I can't wait to use it at church and in the tuba/euphonium ensemble & quartet I am a part of!
No comments:
Post a Comment