I feel like I am finally getting over jet lag. I stayed up super late last night and woke up early this morning, but survived via a mid day "rest" (aka a nap!). We hit the road running at Kids Camp this morning! It went grand! I helped in the craft area so I was able to interact with all 90 kids there. I enjoyed getting to know them all. All day I kept hearing "Miss Marti!!!" It was so much fun!
I've been working on administrative for a good part of the day. It's a good thing I love that stuff! :)
I definitely had the best 4th of July, even without fireworks! There is a lady in the church who is American but has been in Ireland for 13 years. She cooked us up an amazing American meal including burgers, brats, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw, macaroni and cheese, watermelon, brownies and apple pie! They decorated the eating area with American flags, we had American flag napkins and table cloths. It was so touching that they did that for us! It made me teary eyed! I'm so proud to be an American and so blessed to be in Ireland during my countries birthday!
This evening we all sat around talking and laughing and being silly. The team I am with is awesome. We all fit so well together. Being the outsider in the group, I was a bit anxious about that, but it's been wonderful.
I'm looking forward to Kids Camp day 2 tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment