
Well, here it is, January 29th...already. It really feels more like March with this unseasonly warm weather. Let me tell ya, it's wreaking HAVOC upon my sinuses. If you know me at all, you know I HATE snow...but I'm really hoping for one REALLY GOOD snow. Like 2 days out of school snow. I do love a good snow day. THose are days when you feel absolutely no pressure to work. It's completely acceptable to stay in your PJ's all day and eat junk and watch girly movies. Ahhh...I REALLY want a good snow day! :)
Well, I'm greatly enjoying my new Kindle Touch. I have read two books and read a devotional on there as well. Love it! With the ole arthritis in the hands, it's so much easier to handle than a book. Yeah, I sound like I'm 80.
For a few months I've been battling the "weight" issue. Well, I've been battling it my whole life, but it's really gotten me down the last few months. In 2009, I lost 35 lb. I have gained every lb back. On December 30th, I started using an app called Lose It. It helps determine how many calories you can consume to lose 2 lb a week. I heard great things about it from others so I started using it. I was amazed at how many calories I was consuming on a normal day. I'm not sure when/how I got back to being that "bad," but it happened and it's time to take charge. SO...here we go again with trying to lose weight. This time, I'm not going all extreme though. I'm just doing calorie counting and exercise when I can. When I started counting calories, I packed up all of my clothes that were too small and they sit in two boxes in my bedroom floor. Those boxes sit there as a reminder that I WILL wear them again and I'm tired of them sitting in my floor.
The first week I was hungry a lot, until I went shopping and started buying healthier food with lower calories. I learned I can eat a lot more if I buy healthier lower calorie options.
The first week, I lost 7 lb. The 2nd week, I lost 1, the third, nothing, and then the 4th 2. I'm on the fifth week and I've lost 3...that's a total of 13 lb!
I have also started a detox this week. That's....fun... (not!).
While I have yet to bust out of the "too small" clothes boxes in my bedroom floor, I am feeling MUCH more comfortable in my clothes. When I lost weight before, I got down to a size 18. I was back in a loose 24 in December. Right now, my 24's are swallowing me and 22's are fitting just right. Another 10 lb and I should be able to start opening the boxes and pulling out 20's.
It feels good to be doing this. I'm tired of looking and feeling this way. There are multiple reasons I am doing this. I am not looking to be skinny, I am looking to be healthy and to be fit. I do very little for myself. This is something I am doing for ME. My first goal is to lose 35 lb. I've got 22 to go! I'll set a new goal after 35. I figure I need to lose about 85-100 total, so I'll go in small increments. Right now, my exercise is minimal and I'm thinking the more I lose the more I'll have to start exercising.
So this is my new weight loss journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment