Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Procrastination...

...Is an art form I have mastered.

Tomorrow I start school....my third semester at Evangel University.
Why do I dread it so much? This time last year I was so incredibly excited. Even my second semester I was excited...but my third semester... not feeling the excitement. I think it is due to the burn out I experienced the last two semesters. I was SOOOO tired at the end of the second semester. Then I had a great, but incredibly busy, summer with no rest...and now I am about to start the madness all over again.

I am so incredibly tired. I dont know if I have it in me to do this again. Am I crazy? I know that once I begin again I will be fine...


But right now I am even procrastinating sleeping because I know when I wake up, I have to go to school.

I have NEVER not wanted to go to school this badly. But I hate what I do now. I don't *hate* my job, but I cannot stay there forever or I will hate it... the past few weeks have been so bad I'm practically counting down the days until I start teaching. I worked ten solid hours today and when I left at 6:30 I still had paperwork to catch up on. I'll just stop because if I keep going on about that...it would not be pretty. I am really glad I am going part time this week because I can't handle it much longer.

So here I am blogging pointlessly so that I do not have to go to sleep. Because sleep brings morning and morning brings Methods of Teaching Elementary Mathematics.

But if I dont sleep soon, I will be grouchier in the morning than I am now...b/c after Methods of Teaching Elementary Mathematics, I have to work 8 hours and then I have VBS.

If I can just get through tomorrow, the first day, I can make it another three semesters!

Positive attitude Marti, positive attitude!



1 comment:

misbedwell said...

When I am having one of those days at work where I want someone to die a slow and painful death, I repeat this phrase. "There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I will soon finish college and get a REAL job. It will get better."