I did it. I survived day one. I am a little overwhelmed by the prospect of doing a REAL practicum now. I did a general one last year. I basically sat in the back of the classroom, made copies for the teacher or helped a severe ADHD keep on task. It was okay, but I don’t think the teacher really wanted me there so it was awkward. This semester I am doing a Math Practicum. It is scary! I know that once I am in front of a class and have my lesson plans prepared, I will be fine…but the thought of doing it right now TERRIFIES me!
So, I am officially getting a little excited about the semester. Tomorrow is band and Methods of Teaching Elementary Physical Education. Woohoo! (not!). Band, of course, I am excited for. I never thought I would see the day where my Math class would be the highlight of my week!
This time next year I will probably be preparing to student teach. AKKKKK!
My professor (Dr. Huechteman) for the Math class was out today. She had back surgery this summer that didn’t go well so she couldn’t make it today. Dr. Hardy (the departmental chair) was in there instead. She’s hilarious and an amazing mentor so it was nice to have her again, even if for only one class; but I am ready for Dr. Huechteman to be back in class and feeling better. They are both great professors and mentors.
I am planning a trip to Nashville for Spring break (hopefully). If all works out I will be going to visit my friend Rebekah and then heading south of Nashville to Cleveland TN to visit my best friend from high school, April. I haven’t seen April in 8 years. It will be so good to see her. This summer my entire family is planning a trip to Hershey PA. I am super excited about that as well because another one of my good friends just moved to that area. She is expecting her first baby in September so if I go to Hershey I will be able to visit with her also! My family has not taken a vacation all together in my memory. We still have a lot of details to work out, but I am excited! I think some of us may fly and some may drive. I am opting for flying. I don’t do long car trips with people I love more than life, but might possibly kill if riding in a car for 13 hours. I say that because I know they feel the same way!
And my other non-interesting to others but extremely exciting to me news… I got a new planner! I AM SO HAPPY! Thank you Sarah & Charlie Hungerford for hooking me up with it! I LOVE new planners! I know…I am the nerd to top all nerds…but I LOVE PLANNERS!
Off to work…
No comments:
Post a Comment