Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lovely weekend!







The end is in sight! School is almost over and in just a little over a month I will be in Cambodia! WOW... I cant believe it is almost here! Saturday morning we had a team brunch at Bud & Betty Greve's house. We had wonderful food and a great time to sit and discuss our itinerary for the trip. We bought our tickets last week and got an amazing deal on them! We got them for $600 less than we budgeted so budget wise we are doing great! Because of this, we will be able to stay in a little nicer hotel Phnom Penh. We also got to Skype with Anne Greve, the missionary we will be working with. It was really cool getting to talk to her. I cannot wait to meet her!

Many have asked if I am getting nervous. At this point, not at all! I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes but the task ahead of us, but nervous, no. I am a little nervous of the flight. Not because I am afraid we will crash, but because we will be in a plane for such a long time! 28 hours there and 24 hours back! I might go crazy! ha!

As far as budget goes, I am almost there. I will thankfully will have enough to reimburse the cost of the shots and my passport and some other small expenses I have incurred preparing for the trip. The shots are so incredibly expensive! I had my typhoid and Hep B Friday and that was most of my paycheck! :o( Thankfully, I had NO side effects from the shots though! They said I could possibly get sick, be sore, run a fever, etc. I wasn't even sore! Next week I get Polio and the Malaria pills and then I'll get another Hep B right before I leave.

Friday night I hung out with three of my closest friends Leah, Ivy and Gabby. It's been a long time since we all have done something together so it made it that much better. We had dinner at Qdoba, then we went to the mini golf place and did golf and batting cages. Then we went and watched a movie at Leah & Gabby's apartment. It was a great time! Saturday, after brunch, I met Leah, Sarah and Stacey (Leah's foster daughter) and Rachel (Stacey's friend) in Branson for a great day hanging out down there. I love when I can be with friends! (see pictures!)

This is the last week of school! I cannot believe how it has flown by! I have one final this week and two next week. Unless I bomb a final somehwhere, I will have straight A's at the end of the semester! I have worked VERY hard for this! :o) I still cannot believe I only have one semester left before student teaching. I got my placement at Nixa Century Elementary in 2nd grade. It's a wonderful school and I'm looking forward to meeting the teacher and the students.
That's the update for the week! Have a great week to come!






1 comment:

Mrs. Reubell said...

You always look like you're having so much fun in your pics! Where do you guys go around here that's so fun?! LOL!