Last night Deborah, Leah and I went out for a nice dinner at McAlisters. Afterwards, we met up with Sarah, IVy and Gabby and went to Andy's. It was the first time all five of us have gotten together in a LONG time so it was very nice to see everyone! I love my friends!!!
I slept in this morning enjoying the comfort of my own bed for the last time in two weeks. I cuddled with my cats. They know something isn't right! Braxton has been very whiney for two days. I took my shower enjoying my nice clean American water and put makeup on for the last time in two days! ha :o) I love my makeup! I finished packing, loaded up the car and headed to church for a picnic. (I didnt go to the service, just the picnic). I said goodbye to the kids and talked with the Greve family for a bit. Their aunt is the one I will be working with in Cambodia and I have become very close to them all over the past few years. They're great people!
I met up with Leah, her brother and parents at Logan's for lunch and enjoyed a nice lunch with them. Now I am stuffed and sleepy just in time to get on a plane!
I am so incredibly blessed in so many ways. I have amazing friends, church family and family. I never dreamed I would have an opportunity like this and God has just paved the way. I am so excited about this. I will miss the comforts of home, my family, friends and cats for the next two weeks but I am excited about what lies ahead.
I appreciate your thoughts and prayers! My email is mj_netteler@yahoo.com if you would like to email me at any time!
God bless!
Marti Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment