Sunday, August 29, 2010

New attitude....

The other day I was reading an article in Todays Pentecostal Evangel. It was a story on Victor & David Plymire’s work in China. Between the 2 of them (father and son), they have 100 years ministry in China. When David was first entering missions, he went to Taiwan b/c China was closed. He knew the language of the place he had grown up in China, but he didn’t know the language of Taiwan (Mandarin). He said China opened and he was not sent there and when it did open, he was still not sent there. He ended up being in Taiwan for several years and to quote “even though that was not my heart’s desire.” He often questioned God and really struggled as to why he was in Taiwan when his heart was in China. Well, while in Taiwan, he studied diligently to learn Mandarin. He started a radio program in Mandarin. Over time, his Mandarin became so good that when people met him they didn’t believe it was really him because they thought he was Chinese and are shocked to find he’s just a white American. His radio ministry ended up being broadcast in China and through that, he was able to reach millions in some of the remotest villages. He went through years of valleys thinking he was not doing what HE wanted and not ministering to the people HE wanted to minister to, but all along, he really was. He had no idea that he was reaching to the people of China in some of the remotest villages he never could have travelled to himself. As a result, thousands of people know the Lord through the radio ministry he had because of his time in Taiwan. Even though he no longer has that and is retired living here in Springfield, his radio ministry lives on and is still broadcast on the air waves in China and Taiwan.



This was such an encouragement to me!. Even though my heart’s desire is not yet at Westport Elementary as a paraprofessional in kindergarten (YIKES), God has placed me there. My heart's desire is teaching full time in my own classroom. I don’t know why God has put me where HE has, but He has. I hope this is an encouragement to you today as well. I can’t tell you why God does the things He does, but I know that not only are our best interest is in His mind, but the best interest of others is as well and we don’t know what strings He’s pulling in the background to make our dreams come true and to touch other people through us as a result.



So for the next 9 months, I will continue pouring out my heart and abilities to help a great teacher and 23 kindergartners ! I will also continue learning and observing and growing so that next year I can be an even better teacher and reach even more kids. I don't know what God is going to do through me in the next year, but here I am Lord! Use me! Lord establish the works of my hands!

No comments: