My life was changed instantaneously. Last Thursday I received a call from a friend letting me know Nixa had posted a job opening. I called immediately. After being given the standard "update you app online" I thought, well...bummer, too late for that. Around 3:30, I received a call from Nixa asking me to come in immediately for a video interview. I went straight there with no time to prepare in anyway. Friday morning I got to work at 8 and at 8:15 I got a call for a 2nd interview with the principal this time. I went straight there. After I left, I just had that "God feeling" that my life was about to turn upside down. All weekend I had a strange peace about it. Monday morning I got the call that changed my life! In less than a week I have said goodbye to my wonderful kindergartners at Westport. I fell in love with those kids and that school so quickly! It was hard to say goodbye. I said goodbye to my job at GPH of 8 1/2 years. That was my family and I'm still struggling with that goodbye. Friday night I got the keys to my classroom and I've pretty much been living here ever since.
The teacher last year retired and left everything here totally unorganized. The teacher that was here didnt go through that stuff and then left everything for me. I have gone through MOST of the classroom and I know what I have and where everything is. I have cleaned everything and organized like a madwoman. I could NOT have done all of this without the help of some wonderful people. They did all the little things I could not have done. They are SUCH a blessing!
I've been so overwhelmed and driven to get everything done this weekend. This morning I opted to skip out on church, go enjoy a nice homecooked breakfast at a restaurant in Nixa and just try to relax and get stuff done today. I had some people make some comments over my outside wall my roommate wonderfully decorated. I can take criticism generally, but in my state of emotionally well being and trying so hard, I got a little teary eyed. A friend on Facebook reminded me that all of those things don't really matter. What matters is the lives of the kids I am going to impact. I know the first few weeks are going to be rough as they transition and I'm not going to sleep and there will probably be more tears....but it's the END RESULT that matters. On my way to school this morning, it hit me. THIS IS IT. THIS is what I've been waiting my whole 30 years for.
I was suddenly overwhelmed with God's goodness and mercy. I began to cry as I realized this. This is what i have prayed for and longed for for so long and now it's here! I cannot believe it! tomorrow 25 2nd graders will be under my care for 7 more months. I am honored and overwhelmed that God called ME to do this!
And when I look at the hand of God and how He has moved and orchestrated all of the details...I am just simply overwhelmed. All of the tears and frustrations that I experienced in August....they were ALL worth it. I knew there was a greater purpose, but to see it come about (so quickly) is just incredible. I am humbled. God is so amazing and I am thankful to be His daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment