
Hiking at Busiek 3/11/12
18 lb down!Can someone please teach me how to really rev up my blog and do cool stuff with it? I'm so inept.
I just finished Hunger Games (the first book, not the trilogy). It leaves me rather depressed and melancholy tonight. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED the book, but i'm feeling blue now! Maybe I should start the second book to keep me going. ha. STinkin' addictive books!
Many years ago I felt a burden that I would someday adopt a little boy from Guatemala. It's been a dream and a passion now for years. This year, I will have the opportunity to travel to Guatemala and work with Shadow of His Wings orphanage. I am SO EXCITED about this opportunity and pray it leads to many more. I absolutely love missions. I wish I could travel the world working with different groups sharing the love of Jesus with people. This morning I had nursery but I was listening to the sermon. It was missions Sunday. Listening to the missionaries speak, watching a slide show of missionaries our church supports flash on the screen, hearing stories of both difficult times and triumph...it gets my heart going! I have loved and supported missions since I was a little girl. It's difficult to even put into words because it such a passion and a burden. I just feel so blessed that God has chosen and called me to be a part of the bigger "kingdom" picture. First Cambodia, then Ireland and now Guatemala. I'm so blessed!
This will be a big week for me. After years of battling sinus infection after sinus infection, I am having sinus surgery. Up until a day or two ago I really hadn't thought much about it. I've been so busy that I've given it little thought. Now though, the quicker it approaches, the more nervous I am. I have had surgery before but something about them working in my facial area really bothers me. That's a little too close for comfort. There's a line in Anne of Green Gables where Anne makes a comment about her lovely nose and how she's been complimented for her nose. My nose is something I've often received compliments on. I have my cute little Netteler nose. :) I don't want anyone messing with it! The problem though lies in the "little" part of the nose. It's too small inside and there's not enough room for stuff to drain so they have to make room. I'm also concerned about the recovery. I've heard it can be pretty brutal. Praying for quick painless healing. I very much appreciate your prayers.
I've taken up a few new things lately. I tried contra dancing and loved it. I tried Bali dancing, sort of. That's not my thing. I do love Zumba though. I totally suck at it. My body DOES NOT move like that...but I work hard and do the best I can and just have fun. I really enjoy it. I've also taken up hiking. Wow, now that's addicting! I've gone twice and just had a blast, plus had a great workout. In total, I've lost 18 lb. I probalby would have lost more if I hadn't eaten that Mexican and ice cream after my last hiking adventure! ha. Tomorrow I'm going to give CrossFit a try. It should be interesting! I may be taking the sinus surgery pain meds for back pain after all this working out!
I'm also very thankful for my Life Group and friends God has placed in my life lately. I've been praying for a good group of friends that are my age and in my stage of life for awhile and God has blessed me abundantly with that. I love my friends!
If anyone is interested in donating towards my trip to Guatemala, shoot me a message on Facebook. I am doing A LOT of babysitting to try to raise funds. I am having a garage sale and some other awesome things have come up to raise money as well. I have a very short time to raise it in! I, again, appreciate your prayers as I come up with the money and prepare for this trip.
God bless!
Marti
I just finished Hunger Games (the first book, not the trilogy). It leaves me rather depressed and melancholy tonight. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED the book, but i'm feeling blue now! Maybe I should start the second book to keep me going. ha. STinkin' addictive books!
Many years ago I felt a burden that I would someday adopt a little boy from Guatemala. It's been a dream and a passion now for years. This year, I will have the opportunity to travel to Guatemala and work with Shadow of His Wings orphanage. I am SO EXCITED about this opportunity and pray it leads to many more. I absolutely love missions. I wish I could travel the world working with different groups sharing the love of Jesus with people. This morning I had nursery but I was listening to the sermon. It was missions Sunday. Listening to the missionaries speak, watching a slide show of missionaries our church supports flash on the screen, hearing stories of both difficult times and triumph...it gets my heart going! I have loved and supported missions since I was a little girl. It's difficult to even put into words because it such a passion and a burden. I just feel so blessed that God has chosen and called me to be a part of the bigger "kingdom" picture. First Cambodia, then Ireland and now Guatemala. I'm so blessed!
This will be a big week for me. After years of battling sinus infection after sinus infection, I am having sinus surgery. Up until a day or two ago I really hadn't thought much about it. I've been so busy that I've given it little thought. Now though, the quicker it approaches, the more nervous I am. I have had surgery before but something about them working in my facial area really bothers me. That's a little too close for comfort. There's a line in Anne of Green Gables where Anne makes a comment about her lovely nose and how she's been complimented for her nose. My nose is something I've often received compliments on. I have my cute little Netteler nose. :) I don't want anyone messing with it! The problem though lies in the "little" part of the nose. It's too small inside and there's not enough room for stuff to drain so they have to make room. I'm also concerned about the recovery. I've heard it can be pretty brutal. Praying for quick painless healing. I very much appreciate your prayers.
I've taken up a few new things lately. I tried contra dancing and loved it. I tried Bali dancing, sort of. That's not my thing. I do love Zumba though. I totally suck at it. My body DOES NOT move like that...but I work hard and do the best I can and just have fun. I really enjoy it. I've also taken up hiking. Wow, now that's addicting! I've gone twice and just had a blast, plus had a great workout. In total, I've lost 18 lb. I probalby would have lost more if I hadn't eaten that Mexican and ice cream after my last hiking adventure! ha. Tomorrow I'm going to give CrossFit a try. It should be interesting! I may be taking the sinus surgery pain meds for back pain after all this working out!
I'm also very thankful for my Life Group and friends God has placed in my life lately. I've been praying for a good group of friends that are my age and in my stage of life for awhile and God has blessed me abundantly with that. I love my friends!
If anyone is interested in donating towards my trip to Guatemala, shoot me a message on Facebook. I am doing A LOT of babysitting to try to raise funds. I am having a garage sale and some other awesome things have come up to raise money as well. I have a very short time to raise it in! I, again, appreciate your prayers as I come up with the money and prepare for this trip.
God bless!
Marti
No comments:
Post a Comment