Thursday, April 26, 2012

And the beat goes on...

There are only 14 1/2 school days left.  For real...where did the year go???  This has been an AMAZING year.  I am SO incredibly blessed.  Last year was a real challenge and I prayed for a great year this year and I got it.  I'm so going to miss my amazing little 2nd graders.  They're such a great group of kids!  I am truly blessed.


Well the weight loss/get fit journey continues.  Four weeks ago I added CrossFit to my workout regimen.  I am SOOOO addicted!  Each workout literally kicks my butt and I seriously don't know how I'll even be able to drive home, but I feel SO GREAT!  I'm down a total of 28 lb since the end of December. I've also been consistently walking about 3 miles a day, even on CrossFit days.   I started measuring on April 2.  I measured this morning and I've lost about an inch every where but really have only lost a couple of pounds.  I haven't been able to do Zumba since I started CrossFit b/c they are at the same time but I'd like to work it out this summer so I can do both.  I feel great, even when my muscles are shaking.  :)  This has been such a great addition to my life!  I love challenging myself and pushing and then looking back when I'm done and having that sense of accomplishment.  I DID IT.  Thanks to Jenn and Allie for constantly pushing me and not letting me give up! 


On top of all of this working out, I'm staying busy at the end of the school year and gearing up for Guatemala.  It is rapidly approaching.  I still have about $350 to raise so please pray that comes in by May 16th! 


While I've had some disapointments and personal setbacks over the past couple of weeks, I'm really excited about this summer and what God is doing in and through me.  I'm looking forward to ministering and just relaxing and hanging out with friends.

No comments: