Saturday, September 6, 2008

*Saturday*
My favorite day of the week.

Last night we had Band Advance...a retreat of sorts to get into the school year. It's a long night of practicing and getting to know our fellow band-mates. I love the playing, I hate the socializing. I feel so socially awkward. It's strange how I am an incredibly social person, but when I am at school or in a new situation I feel so out of place! Today wasnt as bad. I ended up talking with a couple of girls and getting to know them a bit. Everyone I think knows me and I know them, but I just feel like I don't quite belong. I've already "been there done that" and don't really feel I have much in common with them. Most of these "kids" are 8-10 years younger than I am. What's even more ironic about my social awkwardness with this younger generation...my best friend is 7 years younger than me... But it's different... Some guy found out I was 28 last night and he was like...woah... that's crazy! Anyway, I survived the day and maybe came out with a couple of "friends" from the deal.

I am currently sitting in a friends apartment watching her cable. She is out of town and I am cat sitting. She lives a couple of buildings down from me and we grew up together in Sikeston. Her cat is SOOO sweet! She's just super lovey and just sits on my lap and purrs. It's nice just sitting here watching her cable since I dont have that. :o)

School is getting better. I made it through the first full week. I got a copule of assignments done already and I am going to write a journal review critique tonight. We had to do some sort of health subject in elementary schools so I am doing one on kids with type 1 diabetes in the elementary school. The article is very fascinating. He told us to use a subject that meant something to us and this one definitely does.

I have a foundations of art and music class as well. We started out the music section. I understand the point of it and I think it will be okay in the end; but there is a LOT of busy work! We had to look up a bunch of vocabulary words and do an elementary workbook. I finished both of them up for the entire semester already because it was so easy. We also have to play the recorder. I STILL remember how to play it from 5th grade. We have to practice 20 minutes a week, but if you play piano, you can count that. Good thing... the cats do not like it when I play it at all!

Well, that's about it. Im tired and have a huge allergy/sinus headache. I'm thinking it's time to go home and take a nap! :o)

No comments: