Sunday, April 10, 2011

So much going on!

First of all...I wish I was a high tech blogger and could figure out how to do all the cool fancy stuff I see on other blogs. My blog feels so naked! If anyone is a blogging guru and could help me dress things up a bit, I'd appreciate that! WOW...SIX MONTHS have passed since my last blog. Blogging is kind of like writing in a diary. I just dont do it enough. Plus I don't think my audience is very large...so thanks to the 3 people who read this! :) There is only one word to sum up the last 6 months of my life: CRAZY! There have been definite ups and downs. Teaching in some ways is way more than I bargained for but it's also way more than I could have dreamed. Even on the days when I think WHY IN THE WORLD did I choose to do this, I am still at peace and know this is what God has called me to do! The doors He opened to get me there...wow...I am still in awe! I have always wanted to be able to have time to give to missions. I want to travel to other countries and places within the US and give my talents to help others. While I do not feel a call to full time missions, my heart is definitely in short term. One thing that has always been an obstacle is time off. I can only take so much time off of work to give. When I went in to teaching, I decided I would dedicate a portion of my summer to missions as long as I was able. At this time in my life, I am young, single and able to do that now with the 2 months I have off from teaching. I am so blessed to have that time! And trust me...it's MUCH needed! My dream was to return to Cambodia. I wanted to go so badly. I left a piece of my heart there and I can't even hear the name of hte country without feeling a tinge of love and devotion to that region. Unfortunately, that door closed this summer for me. I was and still am disapointed, but when God closes a door, he opens another one. This summer I will be going to Newbridge, Ireland. I can't imagine two more extreme locations! I will be working with a church there doing VBS. The details are still in the works, but it will be a busy and exciting time working with around 100 kids a day! You sold me at "kids!" So I'm back to blogging! I started this blog to blog about Cambodia two years ago and now I will be updating it to blog about my trip to Ireland. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So excited for you! What a great way to reach out. let us know how it goes. Can you hop on over to France while you're at it? Miss you! Love you!