http://animoto.com/play/NSW0hDIDUGLFbBaDCN1vjg
I hear people say they have the best dads, but I gotta say....I got 'em all beat. I really do have the best. He is the most loving, caring and self sacrificing man I know. What man would drive 4 hours to watch his daughter conduct a 2 minute band piece at her senior concert just to turn around and drive 4 hours back? What dad shows up at midnight (from 4 hours away) to help you paint your new house and move in to it the next day? What Dad shows up on New Years Day because he knows that his daughter is having a rough time and simply needed a hug? What dad is always there with open arms (and wallet when necessary) when any of his girls need it? I have seen my dad go without just to help his kids and grandkids to have a better life. What man gives to missions sacrificially both in time, body and finances giving of himself in both Mexico and with women in prison in West Virginia? What man drives the bus every week without fail to pick up kids to take them to church? What man loves his wife with all of his heart and has been married to her for 41 years always doing his best (and she as well) to have a happy marriage? What man has loved all 3 daughters through heart breaks and not killed jerks he really wanted to? :o) What man loves his grandcats and granddogs just as much? ;o)
My dad has believed in me when I didnt believe in myself. He has encouraged me to follow my dreams. He has encouraged me to pursue my missions dreams even when it meant going to a country he fought a horrrible war in. He has gone to every concert he possibly could that I've ever had from 6th grade until now...even when it meant missing work or driving to Springfield. He took me to church every week as a child even when I didnt want to go. Every Sunday as a child we would eat at Long John Silvers and every Wednesday night we had malts from Baskin Robbins. He lives a life that I can model. No, he's not perfect...he has his weaknesses and has made his mistakes, but he learns from those and encourages his family to learn from them also.
So as you can see, my dad is the best. Hands down....
Happy Father's Day Daddy! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment