Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer time!



It's SUMMER! I've not had the opportunity to NOT WORK since high school (a LONG time ago!). I saw myself sleeping in and staying up late but let me tell ya...that's not been the case! I spent the week after school with my family in Sikeston. It was one of the best trips home I've had. I spent a great week with my whole family. No sleeping in with a wired 3 year old waking me up! Loved it! I made a HUGE decision to get my first (and ONLY) tattoo! Thanks to my nephew Corey who did it for me.


There's a story of a man walking along the beach covered in starfish. He picks one up at a time and throws it in the ocean. Someone says to him why are you doing this, there are so many you can't save them all. He picks up a starfish and throws it back in the ocean and says "But I saved this one." A few years ago I worked at a camp for abused kids and foster kids. That was their philosophy. We can't save them all, but we can save one. I have adopted that philosophy in my life working with kids in teaching, babysitting and children's ministry. I have always said if I ever got a tattoo, it would be a starfish...and that is what I got. Let me tell you...IT HURT!!! (and still hurts!) but I am happy with it. I had such a great time with my family. I am so blessed to have such a close knit family! Every time I leave them my heart is stretched from one side of the state to the other.


My friend and I got season passes for White Water and Silver Dollar City....so we've been going as much as possible. That's been a lot of fun.


I am going to visit my bestest friend Christina in a little over a week. I can't wait. God has blessed me with her and she is amazing. We have been through so much together and when we see each other about once a year it's as if no time has passed.


Ireland is rapidly approaching! I'll be flying out on July 1st. I'm still short on funds so praying that the last $300 comes in very soon. I have a crazy flight itinerary also. I'm flying from STL to La Guardia in NYC and hten have to get a bus and fly out of JFK in NYC. Should be...exciting! I am working on organzing a tea for girls age 12-15 while in Ireland. I will be speaking on purity and modesty. I have to say I freaked out at first but now that I am getting things organized and brainstorming...I am pumped! I've also had the opportunity to get to know a couple of my teammates through Facebook since they are in other parts of the US. I'm getting very excited! It's the first time I've travelled with adults and not college students....I'm looking forward to it!


When I get back from Ireland, I'm hopefully taking a trip to Illinois to visit friends up that way. Then....Aug 1 I start back to work. When I look at my calendar...summer is already almost over. I have a lot to do before school starts in preparation for school so I have to squeeze that in. I could get used to not working and just travelling! I need a job like Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel!


In my spare time...I'm also CLEANING! I also want to refinish my dressers..but not sure I'm going to be squeeze that in this summer. I've never done that and I'm not sure I'm ready to undertake that project. ha :o)


Well...that's it! Until next time...


1 comment:

Shawna said...

What an exciting Summer you have coming up! :) Enjoy every minute of it. And I REALLY love your tattoo. I have ALWAYS wanted one on my foot. Just never did it. Have an AWESOME time in Ireland. I'll be praying for you. :)