Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kindred Spirits



I have had many friends in life. I am a very social person and have many friends. Growing up in a small town, I had lots of friends...even those I considered my best friends; however, it wasn't until college that I found my first (in the words of Anne of Green Gables) bosom friend or kindred spirit. Christina and I hit it off immediately my freshman year at CBC. We both weathered a lot individually and together during our time at CBC. She was definitely an answered prayer to me during my time in college. I was honored to stand as her maid of honor at her wedding. After her wedding she moved away to Michigan, but then came back to Springfield for a couple of years. We worked together during that time and caused much mischief at good ole HQ. We also went through some difficult times. She was there for me when I had a broken heart. I was there when she lost her brother.


When she moved back to Michigan I took my first flight by myself and had a wonderful time visiting her. Two years ago I drove to visit her in Kansas and I had the opportunity to do so again this past weekend.


What I love about my bosom friend is that even though we both have taken different paths in life, we live 6 hours apart, we have different friends, careers, etc...when we see each other for the first time in a couple of years and hug...it's as if no time has passed and nothing has changed. We can reminisce about the past, but live in the today and dream of the future.


All that to say, I had a wonderful weekend in Kansas visiting my BFF. I am so blessed to have Christina in my life. She has been the best of friends through the good and the bad. I dont know what I would have done without her. I am so thankful that God brought us together as friends! I have had many friends come and go throughout my life, but the true ones remain and you continue to grow as friends, even though distance and circumstances in life may separate you.

No comments: