Several years ago, in a matter of a few months I had two people prophecy over me in different churches in different cities. I knew neither of these men and when they spoke to me it was as if I was hearing the voice of God. Now let me get one thing straight...I am VERY VERY VERY overly critical of things of this nature. I have seen way too many quackos out there who claim to be of God but you just know they ain't quite right. I have always learned that there are two things to look for in a prophecy. Does it edify the Lord and does it confirm something in your life? These did both of those.
The first time was at Battlefield AG. It was one of those times I didn't want to go forward to the altar, but I felt God telling me too. I was standing by a friend and this man was prophecying quietly over him. He was saying things to my friend that I knew my friend had only shared with me and one other person. I knew this was of God. You can just sense it.
When he came to me, he turned the microphone off and very quietly gave a message I know was from the Lord. The first part was very personal regarding some things I had struggled with in my faith and walk with the Lord. These were things I had never told a living soul then and still haven't. God had my attention.
After that he began talking about my burden for children. He began talking about how someday I would be ministering to children that were dirty, abandoned, and in need of all the love I could give them. He said they were dark (as in dark skinned) children and they were all around me and I was loving them. In my mind, I could see it. I still have this mental picture in my head of what that will be like.
Not too long after that I was in a service in my home church, First AG, in Sikeston MO when a man gave a very similar prophecy. He said he could sense God's call on my life to work with children. He could tell the call was so strong and so powerful and God was going to use me in ways I would never have imagined. He had no clue who I was or anything, but God told him this.
It's no doubt to anyone who knows me knows my love for children. Seriously, how many other 29 year old babysitters do you know? I figured out the other day and I watch approximately 50 kids from all kinds of families and walks of life. It's a ministry to me and I have grown to love every child in their own unique way and I pray that I can make a difference in each child's life.
So back to the main point of this blog. God has shown Himself to me in so many ways in this short time I have had in preparing for Cambodia.
On THursday, Feb 12 at 3:30 pm I sent off my passport expecting it to take a few months. I was warned it could be forever before it processed. I prayed over it as I sent it off. I received my passport on Feb 23. It was dated Feb 18, only 4 business days after I sent it off! That was one of those "God" moments where I knew it was meant to be. Everyone I have told was amazed at that.
Today I had another one of those moments. A family blessed me with a wonderful donation that has helped tremendously. It was one more affirmation that I am doing the right thing. The circumstances behind the donation just showed me that. I cried (and believe it or not, I'm not reallya crier!) as I held the check in my hands, once again, amazed at how God is in everything and how His timing is amazing.
Don't get me wrong, I still have a ways to go on the fundraising, and I'm sure all of the donations won't come in as easily as this one did, but I know that He is in control. And a few weeks down the road when I am starting to get stressed, I can think of this time and remember how faithful He is!
And hopefully in a few months, I will see my vision come to reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment