I was pondering the other day how much my life has changed in the last year. It's amazing what a year can do for you. This time last year I was still dealing with what I thought was a devastating blow of not finding a job. While I had an overall good attitude about it, I was still struggling immensely. Little did I know that in a week, my life would change drastically and I would face the HARDEST year of my life, but also the most rewarding and fulfilling.
I am so blessed and humbled by everything God has done in my life, especially this past year. It has grown and stretched me in ways I never imagined. I am still pondering the future and where God is going to take me...literally. I know that my time in Missouri may be shorter than I had originally planned...but after going through what I went through this last year, I feel more equipped to handle it.
My 8 1/2 years at GPH seems lifetimes away right now. I very much miss my "family" there but I am still able to keep in touch with them. Our lives are all moving on and even if I were still there, things are quite different than they were when I left. God knew it was my time to go there.
If I had known everything that lay in store for me last October when I accepted the new job, I'm not sure I would have taken on the challenge. BUT I am so thankful I did! I made some good friends, I learned A LOT, I grew some tough skin and learned more endurance and patience than I thought possible...and hopefully in the process...I reached a few kiddos.
Thank you Lord for what you've brought me through and where you are taking me!
No comments:
Post a Comment