Okay so I have a two parter tonight. One part serious, one part not. So let's start with serious then move on to something light hearted.
I love love love my job...but as with any job with kids, there's always that ONE kid that just pulls your heart. I want SO MUCH to be able to reach this one child beyond even academics. Obviously I can't go in to specifics for confidentiality...but let me just say that every day...I pray and pray and pray for this one child more so than the others b/c this child doesn't have a chance in life otherwise. I literally would take this child home with me in a heartbeat if I could. I thank God so much for allowing this child to be in my class this year. I feel honored and blessed to be this child's teacher...I am humbled really. No child should have to endure the crap this one has. It's just not fair. But every morning, this precious little one walks in to class smiling ear to ear, hugs me and keeps chugging away despite all of the circumstances mounting up around him. He is God's precious one. One of the reasons I chose teaching over social work is b/c my heart can't handle more than one of these at a time!
Now...on to the light hearted before I cry AGAIN....
Top 5 cold/allergy/sinus comforts:
1. Grilled cheese and cherry lemon slush from Sonic.
2. Polor Express on loop on the DVD player (no matter what time of year)
3. Humidifier
4. Kleenex
5. Clean sheets- I have to have clean sheets when I am sick... it's a must
6. Theraflu (okay so that makes 6...oh well).
Friends, please say a prayer for my little friend tonight. Jesus knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment