Friday, September 9, 2011

Change in the air...

Well, normally I do not blog about serious stuff. I like to keep things light and funny. But tonight, my heart is heavy. There's a change a comin'. Tonight, I'm being totally transparent. I've been wrestling in my spirit over where the next phase of my life will be. Let me share first my devotional the other night. This is out of the book "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.

Title: Called By God
Scripture Reference: "I heard the voice of the Lord, saying; 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here I am! Send me'" Isaiah 6:8

Synopsis: Isaiah overheard God saying "who will go for us?" The call of God is not just for a few, it's for everyone, but not everyone has the "spiritual ears" to hear it.

(Quoted from the book) "Remove the thought from your mind of expecting God to come to force you or plead with you. When our Lord called His disciples, He did it without irresistable pressure from the outside. The quiet, yet passionate insistence of "Follow Me" was spoken to men whose every sense was receptive (Matthew 4:19). If we allow the Holy Spirit to bring us face to face with God, we too will hear what Isaiah heard- "The voice of the Lord." In perfect freedom we too will say, "Here I am! Send me."

I've been undergoing a spiritual battle of sorts...where is the next step? Where is God sending me? I am spiritually restless right now. I almost feel like a wanderer. I am, for the first time in my life, not involved in a church (though I faithfully attend and love my church). My ministry is in the classroom and I believe will continue to be, but there is something else that God is calling me to. Tonight, something I had already been feeling as a possible next step was confirmed. Events over the last year or so are starting to make sense and pieces coming together. I can no longer fight it.

Right now all I can do is rest in the arms of my precious Savior and say "Here am I! Send me."

And I'll just end with this, if what I am feeling is what God is going to do, well...all I can say is NEVER say NEVER! ;o) (and no, I'm not referring to Justin Bieber!)

1 comment:

The Lundgrens said...

Ah...life! It's quite a ride, isn't it? Hope these winds of change bring a newness of life that offers renewal and refreshment.